Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jesus and the Environment

Many believers struggle with the idea of all the agendas being promoted out there in the world, sometimes getting confused as whether Jesus has something they want to get involved in or promote.

One of those many areas is environmentalism. Many church leaders are running to get involved in that arena, but there are a number of underlying problems with that.

Read more here.

I remembered this article when reading Joelle's post. This one is a little more extreme, but there is an excellent rebuttal from Peter Illyn, the founder of Restoring Eden.

-Danielle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. He does a great job with the comeback! The person who wrote the article is unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

I really found this interesting. I'm still improving on all of my efforts to go green, but I know I've gotten better. Thanks for writing this.

Also, I'm looking forward to a book coming out on April 1 by Nancy Sleeth. It's called, Go Green Save Green. Her husband wrote another book, Serve God Save the Planet, that is what actually got me started on all this.

The website says it has "Hundreds of simple, easy-to-implement money-saving tips for going green at home and at the office." I found it at www.gogreenthebook.com, so I'm trying to tell everyone about it. Her husband's book really changed my life.

I'll be checking your blog again. Thanks so much!

Alvin said...

Freaking yikes.